What Happens to My Book Donation?
· If the book or audiovisual material will fill a gap in the library’s collection, it will be added to the collection.
· If the book or audiovisual material is not needed for the library, it will be given to the Kodiak Public Library Association (KPLA). KPLA will process the material according to the following guidelines:
o Books and audiovisual materials that are in good condition and up-to-date will be sold to raise money for the Kodiak Public Library Association or donated to another reading-related program or cause.
o Books and audiovisual materials that meet one or more of the following criteria will not be accepted as donations, and, if received, will be discarded or recycled:
§ In very poor condition
· Pages torn, falling out, or breaking due to brittleness
· Missing pages or significant parts of pages
· Broken bindings
§ Out of date
· Computer and software manuals, almanacs, medical, and health materials that are more than 3 years old
· Materials that are no longer accurate or reliable (textbooks, reference materials, travel guides, science, medical, health, and other materials that reflect information that is no longer accurate or accepted to be true)
§ Materials that do not sell after 3 years
Kodiak Public Library Association * P.O. Box 1824, Kodiak, AK 99615 firstname.lastname@example.org
www.kodiakpubliclibrary.org * www.livinglearninggrowing.org